Saturday, February 18, 2017

Strawberry Cake

Yesterday I just had to get out of the house.  I've been inside way to long the only time I've been outside was to take the trash to the dumpster.

First place was to the roadside market for some tomatoes at .69 a pound where as the stores want $1.49 a pound.  I also bought banana's at .27 a pound, the store price is around .59 a pound.
The price on strawberries is about the same everywhere because the Plant City Strawberry crop has just come in and everyone has them on sale.

I have been wanting ham salad for sometime so I stopped at the Publix to buy me some. Their ham salad is not great but taste better than any other that we have bought.

My next stop was Winn Dixie to get a package of smoked pork chops that Nancy has been wanting.
Nancy fixed the pork chops along with green beans, slaw and fried potatoes for a very good supper.
For dessert we had some more of the Strawberry Cake with coffee that put the finishing touches on the meal.

Today is my regular Saturday watching the College Basketball Games on the tv as I do each Saturday.

Thanks for stopping by and have a great day.