Monday, August 13, 2012

Cumberland Gap National Park

Yesterday we didn't want to get to Cumberland Gap National Park early. We wanted to give the weekend campers time to move out.
I stopped at the Walmart in Middlesboro to fill up with fuel.  From there it was to the park.  I pulled up to check in and the park host says I can walk through the park to find a campsite and then register.  I told him I wanted to find a site where I can get a satellite signal. He said lots of luck!  After looking I got a site that looked like it might work.  I have a phone app that has the satellite locations I use and it looked as though I had a narrow opening between the trees. After signing in we drove to the site I hooked up the electric raised the satellite dish to see if I had a signal. Nope,so backed up about one foot and there was the clear shot,I got the signal. We have satellite tv and a cell phone signal,so all is good. 
 By that time we where hungry so Nancy got us some food to eat. 
After the sun went down we took a walk around the park.  We saw this small opossum crossing the road.
The little fella stopped for a pose so I would get a good shot of him.
We are in a campground and see this sign that says "no overnight camping"?  It was actully no camping at the pavillion.
Taking the trail out to the amphitheater.
The amphitheater.  We where at this park 10 years ago and we can see some of the improvements that have been made.
Thanks for coming this way and do come back.





No comments: