Saturday, August 25, 2012

Laundromat Again

Our view of Cherokee Lake from just behind our site. It is so nice to be traveling around to different places seeing all the scenery and talking to the people in the area.
Yesterday was the laundromat day and also going to Walmart to get our medicines refilled. You may wonder if we ever have a hard time finding laundromats as we travel. The short answer is no. In each town no matter how small they seem to have a laundromat. 
A funny story about one laundromat. A couple of years ago we were traveling through Ohio on a country road like we enjoy doing and it was laundry time. Nancy says "look for a laundromat" I need to do the laundry. We were going through a really small town and she says theres one. so the parking places were ninety degrees of the roadway so I pulled in taking up 5 parking spots. I looked around to see if I could see anyone or a cop to if it would be ok to park that way. No one on the streets of this little sleepy town. There was a grocery store but it wasn't open. Then I looked in the laundromat,no one there. The only place that was open was one of the three bars in town. I don't do the bar thing but sometimes you have to see about things.  So I walked inside,I thought I was in one of those movie sets. There was one patron sitting or hanging on the bar stool. The bartender reading his newspaper and finally looks up and says "yeah". I asked him if he thought the cop in town would mind if I parked that way and he said we don't have any cops in town. Then he continued to read his paper. Like I said before so much fun traveling around.
Thanks for stopping by.  I wish you the best today.

No comments: