Sunday, July 07, 2019

Sherry's home in Spencer, West Virginia

 
I almost forgot to mention that one evening while in Clarksburg we went out to Minard's Italian Restaurant to have dinner.
On leaving the restaurant Amanda (our grand daughter wanted to have her photo taken with Nancy and myself. 

For the 4th of July we had hot dogs and different kinds of chips which everyone enjoyed.

When it got dark Sherry , Amanda and Abby went out to see the fireworks which were going off all around the motorhome.

Then Amanda came in and wanted us to go out to enjoy the fireworks with them, which we did.

So Friday it was time for us to be leaving and continue on our journey.

I was wanting to see how the new front brake pads would do.
The first few miles were embedding the new pads to conform to the rotors and the pads.
After that we could proceed with normal speed and braking.  The new brake pads make a world of difference.

After getting to Mark and Sherry's house I checked to see what the rotors looked like and they win good shape.

We had fried chicken with different sides that evening with Mark and Sherry.

Yesterday I carried the soiled clothes over to Sherry's  so Nancy could wash them. and dry  them.

Oh don't worry, you see I was busy myself.  Yeah, when we arrived the automatic steps on the motorhome decided it was time for it to not work like it should.
It was time for me to go back to the position I have been spending in a lot,  (under the motorhome).

After taken the mechanism apart there was a gear with half of it gone.
I also checking the tag on the step under the cover that like most steps it was not a kwickee steps like most of them are.
It is a Stromburg Carlson made by the Lippert Company, well that's good because that company is still in business.

Well no, it seems as though they do not make the parts for my step any more.
They do suggest checking with one of their dealers that might have the part I needed.  I need to cut the short!

I did locate they part I needed out in Missouri and had it shipped out.

That was my day how was your day?

Thank you for stopping by and have a great day. 


1 comment:

Rick and Kathy Rousseau said...

A very busy day spent with Family. Nice Fireworks close enough to see.
There are always repairs to do on any kind of RV. Glad you'll soon have it fixed.
Be Safe and Enjoy the cooler weather.

It's about time.