Sunday, August 16, 2020

Sometimes things just don't go as planned

We did get away Tuesday and traveled along our usual route stopping at Live Oak, Florida to eat at Kens BBQ for supper.
Then after eating it was on to Valdosta, Georgia where we stopped at the Walmart to stay overnight.
Its only 12 miles to Cain's Riverside Park where we will be for the next couple of days.

Wait hold on did I say that?

Yeah that was the plan, but our plans have not been as planned so far.
Friday morning at 4:30 Nancy woke me up feeling bad and saying her arms were numb.
So I took her temperature which was ok,  Then I took her blood pressure which was 191/91.
I took it a couple more times and the last time an hour from the time she woke me up her blood pressure which had gone up to 212/107,  I told her I was going to call an ambulance which I did.
After the paramedics checked her they said she needed to go to the hospital to be checked out.
Anyway she was checked in the ER,  they said her blood pressure increasing it what caused her arms to tingle and the numb feeling. 
I stay with her in the ER while they gave her an iv, but her blood pressure increased to 228/117 before it started to coming down but was still up.
They told me they would have to keep her a couple of nights and have her blood pressure in range before she could be dismissed.
They took her to a room but I could not go because they are not allowing any visitors because of the COVID-19.

She did get to come home today but she is week and shaky.
I told her we will be setting still until she feels like traveling.

Thanks for stopping by and have a great day.



1 comment:

Rick and Kathy Rousseau said...

Could it be what she had for supper that might have raise her BP. Hoping they get it under control as you don't need that if you are in the middle of nowhere. We'll be giving her an extra prayer tonight.
Be Safe.

It's about time.