Thursday, August 13, 2020

Been busy, sorry

First I want to say sorry about being slow on my posting.

Saturday I was busy doing the laundry, I had three load to do that took most of the day.
Of course I started out at 8:oo am doing that.

When the laundry was finish I went to two different stores to do some shopping plus made a stop at the Little Caesar's to pick us up a pepperoni pizza and an order of stuffed crazy bread.

Now here comes the crazy part of the week, hang on to your hats.

Monday:  We went down to the St Pete Airport to pick up Sherry who had flown in from West Virginia.
While setting and waiting for here 5:17 pm flight to come in  she called us at 5:00 that her plane had just landed.   We said that's good now we will be able to get home early.

But wait here it comes, some times things just does not go as planned.
Well a thunder and lightning storm had come up and they were not letting the passengers of the plane.  So this had the passengers staying on the plane (here it comes) for two hours before the storm was over.

 Well that part was over here comes the rest of the story.

After the hour to get back it felt good to be pulling in the rv park.
pulling in to the street where our site is located, I pulled up to back in our site I said Oh, No.

If you still have your hat on really hand on to it this time.

 
This is what I saw.  There was also a wind storm at our Park while we were gone.
Not a very pleasant thing to happen when you have planned to leave the next day.

So the next day I called my insurance on what to do got all the info on that.
The Park is going to take care of the junked awning.
And we left as planned.

We are now in Hahira visiting with our grandson and his family for a couple of days then will make a stop in Warner Robins, Georgia for a visit with my brother Nick and his family.

Thanks for stopping by and have a great day.   
 


















w

1 comment:

Rick and Kathy Rousseau said...

Not the way you want to start a trip. Hopefully you can get it replaced in your travels.
We've seen the wind come out of nowhere in a flash and take out awnings. We had a Dust Devil Come up Fifty Feet from our Avalanche that filled the interior with dust through the open door and nearly took the ladder from under me. It was gone in another fifty feet. After that even if we went for a walk around the park we always shut our awning for just that reason.
Be Safe and Enjoy the rest of your trip.

It's about time.