Tuesday, December 05, 2017

Fresh Produce

Yesterday was another run around day.
First I wanted to go back to the roadside market to check to see if they had tomatoes at a better price than what it was a few weeks ago.  The price on the tomatoes were $1.49 a pound because of Hurricane Irma destroying the local crop and they had to get them from the local warehouse. which had to get them from California and other places. The market had up signs apoligizing for the high prices but they would have local produce in a few weeks.

I saw their new sign as I was approaching the market and you can imagine how glad I was to see this.
 
They had local grown tomatoes.

Man did they have tomatoes and I got quite a few of them at the price of $.79 a pound.
Guess what I did as soon as I got home with them?  Yeah you guessed it, I washed one off, put a little salt on it and ate it.  Oh, it was so good tasting the fresh garden tomato!

I also bought some local grown cumbers at the price of 5 for $1.00.
Its so good to be back where the produce is at a price that one can afford.

I stopped at a few more places before I came back home.

Thanks for stopping by and have a great day.
   








1 comment:

Rick and Kathy Rousseau said...

With MiFi problems just getting caught up on my reading.
Glad things are settling in for you and Nancy.
Be Safe and Enjoy!

It's about time.