Wednesday, September 08, 2010

No lake camping

After staying the night in the Walmart lot at Cleveland,TN yesterday we were on the road again.  I saw on the internet a place with free camping on lake Chatuge,Ga.
So naturally I wanted to see what it was like.

We passed the lake(Parksville Lake)still in Tennessee there  was a hydro-electric plant at the base of the dam.  It has two hydro motors to generate electricity. A very nice looking lake.

The more we traveled along side of the lake the better it was looking.  So by the time I got to the start of the lake there was a huge parking lot and I couldn't stand it anymore so I parked and got out the old fishing rod and did a little fishing. I've got my life time Tennessee license so why not. It feels so good to not have tight plans.
On to the camping spot.  It wasn't there,no sign of a free camping place.  So we drove on and spent the night---you guessed it---Walmart lot in Cornelia,Ga.

No comments: