Monday, January 21, 2008

Is This Florida

Wooo Wee is this Florida,boy is it cool. Yesterday after church we were trying to decide where we were going to eat. While we were thinking about it I says I'll drive up RT.19 where there are a bunch of eating place and if we see something we'll just stop. Then I said how about Golden Corral,Nancy says you already passed it up,oh ok not that one then. So I wheeled into where the Super Royal Buffet was,we had eaten here last spring and it tasted pretty good. Boy was it crowded,we were soon seated though. I got my plate of food and I don' t know if it was me or what but the food didn't seem to have much taste,unlike the last time we were here. So neither one of us ate very much. I watched the 2 playoff games and both of the teams I was rooting for lost so now its Super Bowl time in 2 weeks.
Now back to the cool weather. I knew I didn't have enough propane in the 20lb tank so it ran out around 9:00pm last night and I went outside,changed over to the large tank on the motorhome. I have to go and get the small tank filled today. When we woke up this morning it was 31* this is not the Florida that you expect when you come here for the winter. I shouldn't complain though it is much worse in other parts of the country. It is nice and sunny right now with the temp going to get 68 today,now that will be really swell if that dag gone wind just wouldn't blow.
Boy just to be young again? Nah,I wouldn't want to go through that again. But I do remember staying out all day and riding my sled down the hillside and hurrying back to to the top of the hill were we had a tire burning to keep warm. How have I lived so long breathing that black smoke that came off of the burning tire? Come to think of it how did we get though a load of things we did when we were young. Its off o WalMarts again today to buy some more grub. This cold weather makes me hungry,rain make me hungry,sunshine makes me hungry,man I'm getting hungry,gotta stop thinking of food......

No comments: