Wednesday, November 22, 2017

Waiting for new refrigerator

Here is what the weather has looked like for the last couple of days with a forecast of rain each day and we only get sprinkles.

I went back to Home Depot Monday to check on a residential refrigerator to see if they might have something besides the Magic Chef 10.1 cu-ft model that I saw the other day.  Well they had  another Magic Chef 9.9 cu-ft with a different shelf arrangement in the door.
At times I put pressure on myself to get things done as I did the new refrigerator in buying it and asking them to deliver it today.

So when I got back home I started getting the old Dometic out by first taking the doors off.
There were four screws holding it in place plus two screws in the front.  I then stacked 4x4's cut 8" long that I keep just in case I need them.  I set a couple of 2x6 boards across these and pulled the old frig out.

Remember me saying that the old frig was giving us trouble and it was about time to change it out.
I just didn't know how close to the time it would quit and as I was pulling it out it started leaking ammonia out of the cooling coils.

I can do a lot of things but I'm not Superman, I had to get my neighbor to help me carry the old Dometic Refrigerator out the door.

And so here we are waiting for our new Magic Chef 9.9 cu-ft refrigerator.  I had to add some insulation to the right side as the old insulation had fallen down.

Thanks for stopping by and have a great day.





1 comment:

Rick and Kathy Rousseau said...

You might consider blocking off the rear vent and only leave the roof vent untouched. That will help on Heating in cold weather and Cooling during the warmer months.
Good Luck with your conversion and watch your back.
Be Safe and Enjoy!

It's about time.