Wednesday, February 02, 2011

Ground Hog Day

Picture of newly installed rear sway bar stabilizer bushings.


Even though the sun was shining yesterday there was a cool breeze,so I thought it would be a good time to install the new rear bar stabilizer bushings.  These are the nylon bushing that I bought off of ebay. They where half the price of the Ford rubber bushings and should last as long as I have the motorhome. I had a little trouble with one of the bolts on one side and had to buy a tap to rethread the nut. Even with going out to Harbor Freight to get the tap it took me 3 1/2 hours to do.
It made me feel good when I checked with a Ford service place I called,they wanted $471.00 to do the repair.  Not bad for an old man.
I don't think the ground hog saw his shadow here in the Tampa area.  It has been cloudy all day long. So maybe our winter time weather is over. 

No comments: