Saturday, July 31, 2010

Running Around

After checking everything I could think of I thought that the trouble with the engine was the alternator.  I took the alternator off which wasn't very much trouble since it sits right on top of the engine.  So yesterday Nancy,Jackie and myself went down to Morehead to run around.  I took the alternator to Advance Auto to have it checked. I watched the guy as he hooked it up to the tester. The only problem with his checking he said that the wire lead he had was missing a wire(not good). Anyway he said it was only putting out 12 volts.  So next stop was Auto Zone to see how it checks out on their tester.  Again I watched as he hooked it up with all the wires to all the connections on the alternator. The tester showed it failed all four test.  This is a 130 amp alternator,they had one in stock so I said I'll take it.  The prices was around $100.00 less then I thought it would be,still cost quite a bit but still not like I thought. I will put it on in the next couple of days and I hope that was really the problem.
OK,we then went to Walmart to get our medicine refills,then to CiCi's for the pizza buffet.  From there to the Peddlers Mall,the Dollar Mart and finally back home.  We ran around the whole day,which was a good day for it.  It wasn't very hot and had a nice breeze.    

No comments: