Saturday, February 13, 2010

The Virus

Earlier today I had an issue with a virus.  It was in the form of a pop-up ad that said to click on and run a scan of your computer.  If anyone would click on the hacker would get all the information off of your computer.  I'm glad to say it has been taken care of and off the site.
I see all these ads on the internet and magazines on "how to make a fortune working from home". Or "How to make $500.00 and hour".  I've often wondered if it was that easy why are they wasting their time advertising.   One good one is this guy is going to let you in on his secret for only $69.95.  The thing is some people want to make money so fast they send off for these.  

Nothing is new except the weather as that is the news all over the USA.
Today is the usual saturday with the basketball games all day.
This is the rain we had yesteday.  It came down hard at times and was cold.
The streets in the park were flowing with water.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I've had that come up on my computer as well. Fellow at work told me how to handle that one, if that ever pops up again, shut your computer down as soon as it pops up..just go to start and shut it down without trying to shut down the individual windows. That's a sneaky one for sure!