Thursday, May 25, 2023

Dangerously Low

 Well, folks after spending five nights in the hospital I was released to come home.

And the reason was-----------
last Thursday my cardiologist wanted me to get some blood drawn that day so I went to his office to get the orders what to be done and he said it was important that have it.

So, Thursday evening around 8:30 pm out of the blue I get a call from him saying that I needed to go to the emergency at the hospital for a transfusion that my blood platelets were dangerously low.
After getting check by Xray, MRI and blood drawn that my platelet level was 4000.
Anyway, after being giving 4 bags of steroids, it was up to 43000 which is still low. 

I have and appointment with the Oncologist tomorrow to see how I'm doing because they have no idea why my platelets are so low.

We have our oldest daughter Vicki with us now to help Nancy with the housework and driving for me.

                                 





 

No comments: