Sunday, September 15, 2013

Problem taken care of

I last left you as I was having trouble with a waterfall coming from the back bedroom air conditioner.
So friday I climbed on top of the motorhome. The first thing to do was to remove about 12 screw so I could remove the shroud to have a look,everything looked normal so far. Then I took the  evaporator coil cover off and I could see the problem. The evaporator coil was very dirty even though I had changed the filter two or three times during the summer. Time out here to say that the coil should be cleaned at least every year or two,which I didn't do. I guess I was lucky that all happened was the water coming in. A coil that gets plugged up causes the motor to labor and eventually may burn the motor up. So I cleaned the coil blew it out with a blower. Assembled everything back up and back down the ladder to try it. The air conditioner now has no water leaking inside,sounds better and is cooling better so another problem taken care of. 
Let me say here and now this is not a problem you want to work on when the sun is shining and the temp is 90 and you are 75 years of age or older.
Yesterday My brother Nick and I went up to Smiley's Flea Market. Nick found a couple of things that he was looking for but I didn't see a thing I couln't do without. We got back arounf 3:30 and watched a football game for the rest of the evening. 

Thanks for stopping by and have a great day.

No comments: