Friday, November 04, 2011

Valdosta,Georgia

No,thats not snow! Thats a field of cotton.  We left Nicks after we had lunch then got on I-75 for a slow trip down to Valdosta.  We passed by several large fields of cotton. There seems to be more cotton field then there use to be. Maybe the price of cotton has gone up and they can make a good profit.
 I pulled in to the Cracker Barrel,then went inside to ask the manager if they allowed overnight parking. He was a very friendly guy and told me it would not be a problem. I even had a free wifi connection from some place around. There was also a 5th wheel and another motorhome that stayed the night. It was 68° when we went to bed at 11:00pm last night. We had the window at our bed opened. In the middle of the night it started to rain hard so I shut the window because it was coming in on my head. As soon as it quit raining I opened the window back up. After another hour or so I woke up again because my head was getting cold,so I shut the window again.  This morning we we got up at 7:00am the temp was 48°.  We will be here in Valdosta visiting Jeremy,Allison and the great grandkids Andy and Hannah for a few days.

No comments: