Thursday, January 28, 2010

Little of Everything

Yesterday was just a usual day.  We had to go grocery shopping,so first we went to Winn✓Dixie to buy a few things that were on sale that we needed.  Then it was to Walmart for rest of the things.  On the way back we stopped and got our usual "Hot and Ready" pizza at a discount from the Little Caesar's Pizza on Ridge Road.  The the rest of the evening was computer time and then of course my basketball game on the television.


I bought a package of blueberries yesterday so this morning I put some on my pancakes. I put them in between each pancake and on the top also.  A little butter on top and syrup made a very tasty breakfast.  I have been hearing how good the blueberries were for you so I bought some. If they are really good for you I must have been in real good shape when I was a young child.  I spent more than my share of time in the woods growng up and have eaten my share of nuts and berries.  I would knock nuts out of trees and also pick some off of bushes to eat. Lot of fun cracking nuts with rocks and eating them. For the berries there were blackberries,rasberries,blueberries,gooseberries and the ones I ate the most were a berry we called"possum grapes".  I would climb up in the trees and lay out on the vines to eat possum grapes until my little belly couldn't hold any more.  Oh those were the days.
Today we are going back down to Fred Howard Park with Sam and Carolyn to the beach and lay out to get some sun.  Just hope the wind isn't to cool.
Hope you have a very nice day. 

No comments: