Friday, February 27, 2009

I shall never see a Poem lovely as a Tree



Joyce Kilmer. 1886–1918


I THINK that I shall never see

A poem lovely as a tree.


A tree whose hungry mouth is prest

Against the sweet earth's flowing breast;


A tree that looks at God all day,

And lifts her leafy arms to pray;


A tree that may in summer wear

A nest of robins in her hair;


Upon whose bosom snow has lain;

Who intimately lives with rain.


Poems are made by fools like me,

But only God can make a tree.

I know there are some lovely poems,but there's just something magical about a tree. This is why we like to get out of the RV Park and do our walking. We come across beautiful scenery when we get out in the woods.

3 comments:

Sherry Wood said...

Gorgeous, Dad!

Sherry Wood said...

Gorgeous, Dad!

Anonymous said...

I had always heard the first lines of this poem, but don't think I had ever heard all of it. Nice words, picture is great.