Saturday, July 26, 2008

North Carolina to Virginia and West Virginia

After a nights rest at the WalMart in Belmont,NC we were on our way again yesterday.

As we traveled north of Charlotte on I-77 we came to Lake Norman. It has been more than a lot of years that we traveled this road and the area has build up with condos on the lake. Of course I-77 is still the same rough road as it has been for years.
Although the roadway could stand a lot of work the scenery is beautiful.

Soon we were in Virginia and I thought the little ones needed to get out and run off some energy.

Also what kid doesn't like a picnic. Here we are on a picnic and the kids got to use their new lunch boxes.

I thought they only had a few picnic tables,but a path leading up the hill proved me wrong. There were tables scattered out under the trees and they were set up really nice with the paved paths and the rock wall. A very nice rest area.
In Wytheville,Va I stopped for fuel at the FlyingJ at the price of $3.65 cash.
We got to Nancy's sister Callie and are stay here for a couple of nights before still going north.


No comments: