Friday, January 29, 2016

WiFi problem

After having a nice day Wednesday we had a change yesterday.
It started raining in the middle of the night and lasted all day yesterday. I didn't even get out to check our mail, but that was not a problem  we very often get any mail here.
 I spent some time trying to get to the problem of my computers internal wifi adapter.  The problem started Wednesday evening when I turned the computer on it didn't show the wifi adapter. I have an external adapter that plugs into the usb connection and was able to get on line and go to Google to see if I could fined a solution to the problem.
There were several things like uninstalling the internal adapter then installing a new software adapter. That didn't work so it was more things to do such as restoring the computer to an earlier date which I did and the problem still existed. So the next suggestion was to dig deep into the programs and delete some things. That fix seemed to cure it up and I was able to use the internal wifi adapter.
 But wait there's more to this story.
I got up yesterday morning turned the computer on clicked to get on line and the wifi adapter was gone again so I did a restore again and this time it cured the problem.
This morning I was kind leery on starting up the computer but what do you know everything was good to go.
So don't forget Google is your friend.
Today has started out as a nice sunny day and the temps are going to be in the high 60's
So don't forget Google is your friend.

Thanks for stopping by and have a great day.

1 comment:

Rick and Kathy Rousseau said...

Glad you solved your problem and managed to get back online.
Be Safe and Enjoy!

It's about time.