Friday, August 05, 2016

Long day

We were awaiting for Don to call us on Wednesday telling us what time he was due to go in the St Mary's hospital for his triple by-pass heart operation.
Jackie went ahead and called Don around 2:30 pm and Don told her that they has scheduled him for 7:15 am and he had to be there at 5:15 am Thursday.
So after Jackie, Nancy and I was discussing when we should leave to go to be with him I said I would rather leave and spend the night rather than not knowing how long the day would be.
So we got ready and left a little before 4:00 and a sop at Fazoli's in Morehead so a senior's spaghetti diner we were on our way.
Getting to Huntington we checked in at the Red Roof Inn motel that was within 6 mile of the hospital where we relaxed watching the tv and being on our computers.
Yesterday was the long day in that we woke up at 6:30 am and started getting ready. I was the first to get ready and I told Jackie and Nancy I would go out to McDonald's and us some egg biscuits and coffee. After eating I told them I would go out and look around town while they got ready.
When I got back they were ready to go to the hospital.
With the new to us new addition being much larger than the old hospital  it took us a while to find the entrance.
Don was already in the operating room and at 10:30 am the doctor came out and told us that Don had to have 4 by-pass instead of the triple by-pass after they opened him up. Everything went well and he well have a full recovery. They  let us go in to see him and of course he was still sleeping.
They said the next time we could see him was at 2:00 so we waited but with them having more open heart surgery's with other people being put in the recovery room it was 3:30 before we got to see Don again.  We were surprised to see they had taken all the breathing tubes from around his face and he was awake and able to talk to us.
It was close to 4:30 when we went to Chili's to eat and all three of us were hungry since the egg biscuits from earlier in the day. We all had a very good steak dinner.
We got back home very tired after a long day be very happy that everything went well with Don.

Thanks for stopping by and have a great day.

No comments: