Wednesday, July 29, 2015

The bad and the good

I've been quite busy the last few days.  Monday the 2000 amp pure sine wave inverter came in so I went to work on installing it which was a chore in itself. So after making sure everything was connected correct it was time to try it out. Turned it on the green light came on good so far then I plugged in the hand held vacuum which the inverter ran it with no effort. This pure sine inverter is so quite no fans come on like the modified inverter that I had before. Next it was time to try out the remote so I plugged in the line for the remote which is just a simple phone line. Now it was time to push the button on the remote that's when things went downhill sparks flew from the line connection at the inverter not good then the red light came on and nothing. Taking the remote line loose I tried turning the inverter on again but it didn't start so the inverter is back in the box to be returned. I have another one that is suppose to be here tomorrow.
Now the good part is that yesterday I installed the 100w solar panel on the roof and connected all the wiring into the junction box on the roof and everything is good with that part.
We will be leaving here Friday to go down to Lexington to visit our daughter Vicki and the grandkids. So today Nancy and I will be in Morehead to do the laundry.

Thanks for stopping by and have a great day.

No comments: