Tuesday, June 22, 2021

Mountain top driving




It seems as though I have been extra busy the last few weeks so I had better be catching up on the old blog.  We have been staying in places where we did not have any king of signal.

June 16--We  were parked at the Petersburg Campground on the Thurmond Lake and I think all three of us were somewhat disappointed in the we did not have a site close to the water.  But we did enjoy the time there.  

I did some work on the old car thinking that the radiator fan had quit I got one at the Advance Auto. But before I changed it out I did a little more checking and found out that the 134A fluid gauge was not working so I tried and gage I had to add the fluid that's when I saw I had a 134A fluid leak somewhere in the line.

                                                              

                                                                 

We did go into the town Evans at the Monterey Mexican Restaurant.   I had steak with refried beans and rice with a salad.

                                                                  

Nancy  had grilled chicken with refried beans and rice.

                                                           

June 20  After four days at the lake and started our drive on the Blue Ridge Parkway.   We spent  two days at the Julian Price Campground.

We really enjoyed our time there going into the towns of  Blowing Rock and Boone, North Carolina.

                                                                     

Here is Price Lake a nice size lake for kayaking and fishing, also picnicking while cooling off.

                                                                        

                                                                      Sherry and I went for a walk on one of the trails.

                                                                            

                                                                                         Moss covered log.                                             

                                                                           

I have heard of Stone Mountain, Georgia, but not stone mountain, in North Carolina.

We stopped to stay Mayberry Campground in Mt. Airy for a couple of days and tomorrow we will get back on the Blue Ridge Parkway all the way north to the Skyline Drive in Virginia and yes we are going to drive that mountain top drive.

Thanks for stopping by and have a great day. 



                                                                             












 

No comments: