Tuesday, October 08, 2019

And the rest of the story.

OK, here we go again with how we got to where we are.
 
 
The following morning after we were at Smokemont I got up early to run down to Cherokee to get Nancy and me an egg biscuit.  I also wanted to see if the elk were out in the field and sure enough I got to see them.  The photo above looks like the grand daddy of all.
 

In all I counted seventeen in all besides the old buck.


The elk were even out in the road.  This was really exciting for me because I usually just get to see a few stray out and around.

Tuesday, October, 2 Nancy and I did the laundry at the only laundromat in town.

After doing the laundry we went to be the popular restaurant in Cherokee which was Paul's Family Restaurant.  Nancy had chicken fried steak with two side and I had porkchops with two sides.  We both agreed that the food was very good and the price was satisfactory also.

 

The next morning I got up early to see if I could get a few good photos of the field at the "Pioneer Village."
 
 
I did get a few fair shots, but I think I didn't get there early enough.

We left Cherokee Thursday, but it wasn't very long until I stopped at a roadside market to buy us some fresh fruit to snack on.

We stopped in Clayton, Georgia to spend the night at the local Walmart for the night.

We left the next day going to Lake Hartwell, trying to get a campsite on the lake without any luck.
So---I made a reservation at the local Home Depot in the town of Hartwell.
The next day while Nancy was getting ready I found and made us reservations at the Springfield COE Campground for six days.  All the campgrounds are filled up on the week-ends so we will just have to play it from there.

Thanks for stopping by and have a great day.
 
 


 


 
 
 
 


No comments: