Thursday, November 01, 2018

We got a Fireplace

Yesterday the morning time started out as usual, catching up on reading the morning blogs to see what everyone was doing. Reading the home town paper to see who was doing what and to go over the obituaries looking to see if we have lost any friends.

By the time I was finished on the computer Nancy had our waffles ready.  I decided I would try a banana on mine.  I've always just put syrup on mine so adding a banana was new for me.  I'm glad I did because it really tasted so good.
With breakfast out of the way it was time to do a little shopping.  My first stop was the roadside market where I bought a couple of cucumbers and a small tray of apples.

Then a stop at the Ollies Outlet Store. I bought us a small electric fireplace, its the kind that has the rotating flames and is soothing to watch.  Our small heater that we had stopped working a week ago and we have had it for several years so it was time for a new one.

Next stop was Save A Lot for a few groceries including can items.

After getting back home, putting away the things that I bought, it was time for other things.
Rolling out the patio awning and anchoring it down was the first in order because Nancy says it feels more like we are settled in when the awning is out.
The site that we are on is no level so letting down the levelers the steps are to high for Nancy and I have to have a small platform under the bottom step.

Later on in the evening we had a peanut butter sandwich to go with the good homemade soup that Nancy had made for us. She always makes enough for several days, so I know what we are having for supper today.

Thanks for stopping by and have a great day. 





1 comment:

our awesome travels said...

Enjoy your time settled there and your new fireplace look so relaxing.