Saturday, July 21, 2018

What a Day

Yesterday was the moving day and we were moving slow.  Now we always move slow but it was a different reason.  We had a forecast of heavy thunder storms and that is not the kind of weather I drive the motor home in. So I told Nancy we would go ahead and be getting ready to leave and it would depend on the weather if we would go.
Well the storm did hit so I checked on the radar that I an app on my phone to see what it looked like.  By looing at the app it look as though it would not last long.  So we continued with our plans and when we got ready the storm had passed so after we said our goodbyes to Jackie we where on our way.

We had cloudy skies and even a little sunshine along the way then it was a stop at the Walmart in Winchester to get a few groceries.  Then when I started out the exit door I could see why everyone had stopped.  You talk about a storm, man that was a storm out there with the wind blow the rain was pouring not down but really coming side ways.
There was a little slack in the rain so I made a dash for the motor home but still got soaked.
Nancy was frightened and glad to see me she said when the storm started she heard all the sirens blasting away to indicate the coming storm.
I looked at the weather report on my phone and it did state that we had a tornado warning.
So we had our dinner while waiting out the storm, it felt like we were having dinner on a rough sea cruise.
The storm lasted around an hour and a half then we were on our way again.

But we did finally make to our destination safely, got set up got hugs from everyone and so good to see them again. 
Oh we did have another storm during the night.

Thanks for stopping by and have a great day.



1 comment:

our awesome travels said...

Nice that you survived the storm and reached your ne destination.