Tuesday, April 10, 2018

Raining and muggy

The weather is still rain each day with wind so I still have the patio awning rolled up.  We lost one awning years ago due to the wind and I'm trying not to lose another one.

I did buy a length of aluminum angle to make the feet for the 100w solar panel that I bought from Amazon a week ago. Yesterday I was sawing the angle for the feet.   I was going to use this panel to put on the ground when we are parked in the forest in the shade.  But then I got to thinking how much trouble it would be to carry it in the motorhome and move it in and out.  So with doing that I decided it would be better to just put it on top of the motorhome with the rest of the panels.

The 325 watts of solar have been plenty for us and we haven't used the portable generator very much.
But with the propane refrigerator biting the dust and installing a residential refrigerator I thought an extra 100w panel would help.  I also added two extra 12 volt batteries last year so I think we are good to go without any problems.

Thanks for stopping by and have a great day.





1 comment:

our awesome travels said...

I agree panels on the roof, no need to worry about it then, hope that does it for you refrigerator.