Monday, October 30, 2017

Just a recap since we left my brother nick on Friday.

After having breakfast with nick and Joann we got things ready for the road after saying our goodbyes we were on our way.  For a short time anyway because I stopped at Kroger to fill up with gas at a price of $2.14 a gallon then moving on to I-75.



There was a lot of traffic on the interstate with motorhomes going south for the winter I imagine.

 
Of course you see the billboards lining the road.
 

We called Jeremy to tell him we had arrived and to come over for a visit.
He was still at work so his wife Shanna brought the grand kids over.

Nancy and I just couldn't get over how much they have grown.
They wanted to stay overnight so we let them.
Jeremy was working Saturday and Shanna was busy painting the new house tht they had jst bought so we said not worry about it since they wanted to stay the day.
Andy and I went to Walmart while Hannah stayed home with Nancy.

I took Hannah and Andy out to Banks National Wildlife Refuge to spend some time while Nancy got ready for the day.


 


A few of the cottages along the swamp shore line.
 
This is a nice large swamp area that they have walking trails, canoe rentals.  A nice area to spend a day.
We returned in a couple of hours and were getting hungry  so it was back to the store for ground beef so I could grill the meat to make us hamburgers and cheese burgers.
The ground beef made excellent burgers that Nancy and I both agreed that the y were the best that we have had for quite some time.

The kids must have had a good time since they stayed again Saturday night.

Thanks for stopping by and have a great day.




 
 
 

 

No comments: