Thursday, August 28, 2014

Around the park


Yesterday was a day in the park getting things ready for the trip to Pigeon Forge tomorrow.
I thought I would show you a little of what the Cumberland Gap campground looks like. This is row E.
The E row is more suited for tents or small pop-up trailers as this site.
This site you may be able to get a small class c motorhome in. There are no electric sites on row E.
As you can see this is the start of row F.
The sites on row F are not as good as the other rows.
Not as good unless you have a group that wants to pitch a tent in this large field. There are eight tents in this group at this time. This is a group of young men that are doing some work through out the Cumberland National Park.
Here is a pile of firewood waiting to be split. I didn't see a log splitter so I guess after a hard days work they will split the wood the old fashioned way with an axe.
Well I ended my day grilling a nice 3/4" ribeye steak.  Nancy had a baked potato and cooked cabbage to go with the grilled steak.
Thanks for stopping by and I wish you a great day. 






No comments: