Sunday, August 11, 2013

Rain and Trails

I thought yesterday would be another day of rain and watching golf.  Well it was up until 2:00 then the golf changed from the TNT channel over to CBS.  That finished the golf watching for me because here in the mountains I can't get the CBS channel.

The rain stopped after dinner time so I took the trash to the dumpster and told Nancy I was going to walk up the road a little while I was out. While I was walking up the road I saw a trail sign that was out to the picnic area and I said why not. I wanted to get some walking in anyway and what better way than walking through the woods.
So off I went. I met some hikers that were coming out and asked them if the trail was muddy or rough and they said it was just fine.
Soon I was out of the trail and on the road to the picnic area.
They have improved the picnic area with new bridges since the last time we were here.
It is damp here in the picnic area and moss has covered the ground and rocks,which looks good and green.
I have been walking some this week and have been in the mood for walking. I think maybe going through the woods has something to do with it. I have walked more this week than I have in the last year. I have shed a few pounds from the effort and that is alway good.

Thanks for stopping by and have a great day.



 
 





No comments: