Thursday, August 16, 2012

Around the Gap

Yesterday I got a long overdue haircut.  Then we rode up to the pinnacle of the gap.

The gap was a strategic point during the civil war. There are paths that lead to several old cannons that show where the troops were stationed.
You can see several rock forms walking around the trails.
No I didn't crawl under this one.  I did enjoy really being up in the mountains walking around. When I was much younger I spent hours upon hours in the mountains.
You can walk out on a cliff once on the top to get a great view of the valley below. You don't have to worry they have a railing around the lookout.  This is a panorama pic I took.
We saw a couple of deer as we were driving back down the mountain.
We are going to be here for some time looking to  see what the area has to offer.
Thanks for stopping by.




No comments: