Thursday, March 10, 2011

More Solar Work

Yesterday was a hot day and it was even hotter on top of the motorhome where I was putting the 80w solar panel.

Here are the two solar panels I have on with the 55w in the front and the 80w in the back.  After screwing the feet into the motorhome I used some Dicor rubber caulk to seal everything up. I put both of the panels close to the frig vent so I could run the wire down and into the motorhome. I have both of the panels hooked on one wire right now just to see how much power I would have. Doing it this way gives less power since the 55w will reduce the 80w to 55w making the total 110w instead of 135w.  Before we venture out with the motorhome I will have two different wires and also two charge controlers to get the full power.  As of now my batteries are on trickle charge as I'm not using any 12 volt power.
After I was finished for the day with all that work,I sat down and enjoyed some college basketball games for the evenint and night.     

1 comment:

Universal Solar Arizona said...

Hi. your article fantastic. Thanks for posting
Solar Panels
Solar Arizona