Thursday, October 01, 2009

Nothing New















Thats about it. We are walking a little more since we are out here at the Barren River Campground. We went int Bowling Green a couple of times looking for a small generator. I had one in the shopping cart, then decided not to buy it. I kept thinking is it worth it to buy since I would only use it while I'm here. So I says to myself I would just use the generator on the motorhome and spend a little more on the fuel to run it.









We ate at a really good place today after doing the laundry. The place is called Ray Dlumpin's The food was good and plenty of it at a very good price.









The real kicker was the waitress was asking if we wanted dessert. I said not unless you have butterscotch pie,she says we do. I nearly fell out of my chair. That is my favorite pie that hardly anyone has them. I told her I would take a whole pie. That made my day.









Anyway here are some photos of the surrounding area.













Boat Ramp next to our site by the river.





Buzzards at the Spillway.





A throw back to the old days. The Wigwam Motel in Cave City.

These deer were running across the road one evening as we were coming into the park.




Two old timers on a morning walk. It has been 45° the last three nights.
I will post again the next time I come into town to the library.

No comments: