Saturday, January 12, 2008

Nice Day

It was a nice day yesterday,cloudy with a slight breeze off of Tarpon Lake.

Other people thought it was a nice day also because they were out walking and boating on the lake. There were some fishing but,I think most were just out joy riding the boats and enjoying the cool breeze.
We walked along the trail and of course the squirrels had to come out and beg for food. I took some puffed rice with me,I didn't know if they would like it or not. As you can see the squirrel holding the puffed rice did eat it. I just love these small animals,they are fun to watch.

There are some graveled trails and then some are boardwalks over the damp grounds.

We then came to a bridge over the water where I stopped and threw some of the puffed rice in for the fish,they really were splashing the water for the food. I didn't see the Heron on the edge of the water,Nancy pointed it out to me. The Heron was sneaking ever so slowly toward the fish,so I tried to get the fish to come closer to the Heron so I could maybe get a picture of it catching a fish. The Heron had its eye on me and knew what I was doing,but the fish didn't get close enough to shore for the bird to catch one. After about 20 minutes of this I gave up and continued walking. We ended the day with another 7 mile for the day.


No comments: